Saturday, January 07, 2006

Don't Quote Me

I enjoy the fact that we have a regular flow of visitors, but at the same time we can’t really expect people to return too often if the content doesn’t change.

Any MLA members who would like to contribute (and this doesn’t have the same pressures as writing a piece for the Maybe Quarterly, as you can always edit or delete your own posts), just contact me to get an invite to become a contributing member, easy as that.

After an initial flurry of activity with several members contributing creative pieces, this seems to have turned into more-or-less my own blog and gossip channel.

I don’t mind as:

I have really enjoyed my 18 months as a member of MLA, and feel happy to enthuse about it

I know that the world has plenty of free forums, so you might wonder why you should have to pay to mingle with this particular crowd, so I think it only fair to try to describe the kind of style you will meet on MLA courses and forums...

- No, the women don't get to play chess with Marcel Duchamp and no-one gets to play chess with nude women (as far as I know) but outside of that, anything might happen.

I don’t have any guideline or censor to consider, so the whole thing can mutate or die. Things change over time, anyway, and I will happily keep the pages turning until someone else decides to post new words or pictures

Right now I have gone off to explore the (free) Tribe network, and the various groups in there who have similar interests, from General Semantics to Robert Anton Wilson, from Magick and Shamanism to James Joyce. I only hope they don’t see me as trying to hustle up business! I have no investment in MLA beyond my own love of learning and good company.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now".

—J. W. von Goethe

No comments:

Webring

Member of the NEW TRAJECTORIES webring